Friday, August 7, 2020

Ray Harryhausen


 Ray Harryhausen

Host: Chris

Freddy's Take: An interesting and nostalgic day. I think all three of us got a kick out of allowing our inner child to come out to play! I haven't seen any of these movies in decades. I'm guessing it's been at least 40 years since I had seen Jason & The Argonauts and The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, and pretty damn close to that since Clash of the Titans. I wasn't familiar with the name of Ray Harryhausen, but obviously I was familiar with his work. His influence on film is undeniable and he helped pioneer special effects in an age where audiences were becoming more sophisticated and wanted a more realistic look from movies. An enjoyable afternoon of watching old fantasy films! 


The 7th Voyage of Sinbad



Jason and the Argonauts


Clash of the Titans


The Myth Maker






No comments:

Post a Comment