Friday, February 22, 2013

Jim Jarmusch


Jim Jarmusch
Host: Tanner

Tanner's Take:  Independent film has always had a special place in my heart. I didn't necessarily have it in mind when I chose Jim Jarmusch, but I had thought of choosing him because of my affinity for Dead Man. After learning about his impact in the American Independent film scene I knew he would be my next choice. Choosing 3 films for him wasn't hard seeing as how I had very little knowledge of what exactly he'd done. So I chose 3 that would span across his filmography in terms of when they were made. Down By Law and Mystery Train were both very fun to watch. I wasn't disappointed in either of those choices in the least bit. Most people point out how slow and tedious his films are, but with lots of humor, great characters and dialogue it's hard for me to agree with that. Dead Man is one of my favorite westerns. I wanted to watch it again because it had been so long since I had last seen it. And although it it stands vastly apart from the other two, It's easy to watch all films from that night and see how they were products from the same man. He has a very distinct style and I know Freddy and Chris enjoyed it as much as I did.

Down By Law


Mystery Train

Dead Man


A Conversation With Jim Jarmusch



No comments:

Post a Comment