Thursday, February 21, 2013

Danny Boyle


Danny Boyle
Host: Tanner 


Tanner's Take: Danny Boyle, to me, is a very versatile director. I wanted to show 3 of his films that really stand out as being completely different. I had already seen Trainspotting and 28 Days Later. I love both of the films and find them equally enjoyable every time I watch them. Trainspotting is a hilarious movie, I had a lot of fun watching it with Freddy and Chris. 28 Days Later is probably the black sheep of every film that I've chosen. It's a very different zombie/horror film but it stands as one of the best. From the way it's shot, the tension, characters and atmosphere. For the last film we watched Slumdog Millionaire. I chose it simply for the fact that I had never seen it and because of all the awards it's won. It was a fantastic movie and ended the night on a positive high note. The Boyle night was a borderline Blockbuster film night, but with a certain flavor that distinguishes himself from most other directors. 



Trainspotting

28 Days Later

Slumdog Millionaire



TIME Interviews Danny Boyle



No comments:

Post a Comment