Thursday, February 21, 2013

Franklin Schaffner


Franklin Schaffner
Host: Freddy

Freddy's Take: I chose Schaffner because I wanted to watch Planet Of The Apes with my friends. OK, that's only partly true. I had seen Papillon and Patton before and really liked both. Papillon features a great performance from Steve McQueen and I remember watching it on commercial television as a kid and liked it then. Schaffner is one of those directors that doesn't get enough credit. He had a great run of hits in the late 60's and 70's. Planet Of The Apes was my first "favorite" movie. And just look at the stars of these three movies, some really big Hollywood punch with Charlton Heston, George C. Scott, Dustin Hoffman, Karl Malden, and Steve McQueen. 


Planet Of The Apes

Papillon

Patton


Some great scenes from the work of Franklin Schaffner





No comments:

Post a Comment