Wednesday, January 11, 2023

One Hit Wonders


Charles Laughton (Night of the Hunter)

 


Richard Kelly (Donnie Darko)




James Foley (Glengarry Glen Ross)


HOST:  Freddy

Freddy's Take:  I wanted to do something that was off the beaten path like Tanner and Chris did before me. My John Huston day didn't go over that well, so I wanted to come back strong with three highly regarded films. I think overall it was a success. These are directors that we were not likely to get to as they have an either small body of work or nothing else of note/consequence. "Donnie Darko" is always a treat, very rewatchable and it's a favorite for all three of us. "Night of the Hunter" is a superbly made film and it kept me in line with what I like to do, which is bring older films into the mix. "Glengarry Glenross" was an enjoyable experience, lots of quotable lines and the performances of what is basically a play were fantastic and fun. 


Night of the Hunter




Donnie Darko



Glengarry Glen Ross

















No comments:

Post a Comment