Friday, February 22, 2013

Alfred Hitchcock


Alfred Hitchcock
Host: Chris

Chris' Take: I knew I had to get him before someone else snatched him up. Easily one of the greatest and most influential directors of all time. And yet I was completely ignorant of his work save The Birds and Psycho...and of course his tv series growing up. Got a good education that Saturday. Rear Window reminds me of Blue Velvet a bit...creepy, seedy reality underneath the appearances we like to keep up. Vertigo is mind fuck of a movie and reminded me a bit of Rosemary's Baby. North by Northwest was the weakest for me but was still a solid film with class A actors and acting.


Rear Window

Vertigo

North By Northwest




Alfred Hitchcock: The Difference Between Mystery & Suspense







1 comment:

  1. Watched North By Northwest and I loved it. Probably a tie for me between that and Rear Window. Yet again, we all tend to favor different films from the night. I love that.

    ReplyDelete